Gator Walk!

Hey everyone!

Today, Adair and I took a nature hike with our friends Corey and Becka, through the swamps about a half-hour south of New Orleans. We saw several gators right off the path, as well as various other wildlife.

Here are several pictures from our trip:

What a fun lookin' bunch.

Becka should know, you can't move during the panorama shot, or you come out looking like some sort of Hindu goddess.

Adair's best angle.

































 

Adair in the swamps.

Our first gator sighting!

Double gators! Can you spot 'em? We were about 25 feet away!

Better double gator shot. These guys were humming along upstream.



Honestly, the biggest frickin' spider I have ever seen with my own two eyes. His body alone was at least the size of my thumb.

Gator close up. I guess this is a juvenile, unfortunately we didn't see his mama, who is over 9 feet and is often spotted in this area.













The endpoint of our two-mile trek brought us to this deeper stream area, and a cool wide open marsh that you can see below.

 Marsh panorama.

Dane in the marsh.

Little baby gator we spotted on the way back.

Quite a large cricket/locust thing.

Comments

  1. Y'all have now seen more alligators than I have! lol. And I've lived here almost my entire life!

    -Cristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool, getting out to see the sights, soak up the vibe, and stare down so many alligators I lost count. I love that big blue sky.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mina: A Birth Story - Part II

One Year, Somehow

What up y'all