News from Drew Brees Land

Hey everyone,

Now that Adair and I have settled into our place, I thought I would post a few updates regarding what we have been up to for the last few days.

We found a nice bed at "Rooms to Go" and it was delivered yesterday. At the time of purchase, I was given clear instructions that I would need to be in the apartment from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm! The delivery guys could show up at any time, and they would not call ahead. I figured I was in for a long, boring day, so when they showed up at 9:00 am and I was still in my boxers and unshowered, I was surprised but excited that I wouldn't have to wait around all day. So far, the bed is glorious.

We have begun using the pool, which is definitely the warmest outdoor pool I have ever been in. I am absolutely loving it.

Today was Adair's first day with the kids, although in classic Louisiana fashion, only about half of them showed up due to a mistaken news report regarding the first day of class (they thought it started Thursday I guess). Honestly, I don't understand how anything ever gets done down here. Maybe in a year we will be as chill as everyone else seems to be. She says that the kids are quite sweet, and although she is worried about the end of the new teacher "honeymoon phase," it looks like it will be a fun year.

While Adair was working, I went disc golfing for the first time down here. The course is about 15 minutes away, in a really nice park close to downtown. I immediately lost a disc after some nice dudes let me play through, and they helped me look. We got to talking, and long story short, one of the guys gave me one of his discs, and his number if I ever want to play. In addition, about an hour ago, someone found my disc and called me to return it, so overall it was a very positive experience. Despite it being a full-sweat workout playing a full round of 18, I managed to shoot par, although I was disappointed that I didn't see any gators or water snakes in the various course water features.

Adair and I have a date to go to one of the Admiralty Law professors' house with several of the other LLM and transfer students for classic Louisiana red beans and rice, so hopefully there will be some cool people there and I can start making connections before school starts. Also, I got an invitation to enter the write-on competition for the Tulane Maritime Law Journal, and I'm going to make a real effort to impress some folks. I'd definitely love to write for the Journal, (the US Supreme Court happens to subscribe) so fingers crossed!

Anyway I guess that's all for now, talk again soon.

Dane

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mina: A Birth Story - Part II

One Year, Somehow

What up y'all